New to Tail or a Tail Member?
Browse below for answers to many of our frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, get in touch with us.
What is Tail?
Tail -The Cashback App allows you to earn cashback from a wide range of top retailers paid directly to your Starling or Monzo bank account. There’s no loyalty card or vouchers required – simply search, redeem and pay with your linked card at participating retailers.
How does Tail work?
It’s so easy, you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Download App – Search for Tail app on App Store and Google Play Store
- Sign Up – Register by linking your Starling or Monzo account
- View Offers – Search available cashback offers by category or location in the app
- Redeem Offer – Pay at the retailer to redeem the offer using your linked Starling or Monzo card
- Receive Cashback – You’ll receive cashback directly to your account! (*)
(*) Once you have redeemed an offer, you’ll receive a redemption notification, and the cashback will be added to your Tail pending balance. You will receive another notification when cashback is paid into your linked Starling or Monzo account.
Where can I download Tail?
The Tail app is available on the App Store and on the Google Play Store.
Is Tail available outside of London?
Yes! We listened to our customer feedback, and we are now making national.
Sign up to our newsletter for updates on our offers!
Do I need to be a UK resident?
Yes, you currently need to be a resident in the UK to get access to Tail offers.
How do I know how much cashback I will get?
Once an offer has been redeemed, you’ll receive a notification that confirms the amount of cashback you have earned. You can also check on the ‘Wallet’ page in your Tail app that provides a breakdown of pending cashback which helps you keep track of all your redemptions.
When will I receive my cashback balance?
Qualifying cashback amounts greater than £1 are paid directly into your linked Starling or Monzo account. How quickly cashback is paid varies by type of retailer.
You can view your cashback balance at the top of the screen in the Tail app. Amounts less than £1 will be carried over to the following week.
I redeemed an offer but did not receive cashback
If you shopped at one of our participating retailers but did not receive cashback into your Tail account, check the following:
- If the offer was active while you shopped, and/or if your purchase was more than the minimum spend required (if the offer has one)
- If there seems to be a different issue, simply click on the ‘Missing cashback?’ button at the bottom of the offer page
- Alternatively, you can contact our team at email@example.com with the subject email stating ‘Did not receive cashback’, with the following details:
- Your full name
- The email you use to sign into the Tail app
- The name of the retailer
- The date and time of the redemption
How can I suggest a new retailer that I’d like to earn cashback at?
We’ve built Tail for you, so we’re always keen to get feedback from our Tail Community! Just send us your suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is Tail available for other banks?
Tail is currently available only to Monzo and Starling personal banking and sole trader customers, but we’re working on adding additional banks.
What data does Tail need to access?
For you to enjoy using Tail and benefit from all the great cashback offers, and to receive cashback earned directly to your bank account, we need you to authenticate your Starling or Monzo bank account in the Tail app so we can access the following:
- Transaction data to redeem and recommend offers
- Account details to send redeemed cashback
- Contact details in case there is an issue and we need to notify/verify you
Why do I need to re-authenticate my bank account?
To keep your data safe, the 2nd Payment Services Directive (PSD2) Regulatory and Technical Standard (RTS) requires consumers to re-authorise their banks to release their data for use by third party providers (TPPs) every 90 days. We will send you reminder notifications when you need to do this.
How do we ensure your data is safe and private?
I want to delete my account
If you’re a Monzo User, simply go to the ‘Profile’ page inside the Tail app, there you will find a ‘delete account’ button. Once you click on the delete button you’ll be unlinked immediately.
If you’re a Starling User, you’ll now need to go in to the ‘manage’ section of the marketplace inside the Starling app and manually unlink Tail. Once you have done this, you will be unlinked immediately.